3 Gallos, 12Gallinas y 2 Pollitos

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Treegod, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Treegod

Treegod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Catalonia, Spain
    I have fifteen birds +2 chicks (if you saw my intro I mentined 4, sadly two died recently)

Here's our oldest cockerel, Bamboo. He was at the top last year and bred successfully except but was deposed by his son Tetley.
    [​IMG]

Here's Tetley (yes, named after the tea)...
    [​IMG]

This is his mother, Twig, the only bird from the previous flock of our coop before we took it over from a friend. She's our favourite and a VERY good mother.
    [​IMG]

Here she is with Tetley before he became the magnificient cockerel...
    [​IMG]

Here is one of our "wild" hens, Hazel, bought shortly after we took over the coop. Wild because she escaped into the woods for a little while along with another that never came back.
    [​IMG]

And this is Ivy that came along with Hazel.
    [​IMG]

And here is our other cockerel, Raven. When we got him we thought he was a she. Turned out we were wrong. But we (my girlfriend and I) thought he was a nice addition to the flock, so we kept him.
    [​IMG]

So many photos, so little time. I'll come back with more soon with the rest.

By the by, if anyone has an inkling about what the breed or variation or cross could be please don't hesitate to tell [​IMG] I have no idea what they are really, but I have a few suspected breeds. I live in Spain so they could almost all be Spanish breeds (o razas espaƱoles)

2. briesberrypatch

briesberrypatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2008
    Yellow Springs, OH
    I'm no expert, so wait for more opinions (which I'm sure are coming soon). Hazel looks like a speckled sussex to me, and Ivy looks to have mille fleur coloring but I'm not sure what breed(s) she is.

All are very attractive birds!

3. Jonathanq1

Jonathanq1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    Delaware
    They look great!

4. damselfish

damselfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Nice chickens! I like Hazel and Ivy.

[​IMG]

5. stuckinthecity

stuckinthecity Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    Beautiful pics!
    Love the hen and chick photo, and cant wait to see the rest

6. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Treegod!! Very lovely birds you have! Especially that first rooster, Bamboo! What beautiful colors! [​IMG]. I'll be watching for the pics of the rest of your flock as well...remember..... YOU PROMISED!!! [​IMG]

7. Treegod

Treegod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Catalonia, Spain
    And so we have Wallace. We bought her last year as a chick and one of our hens adopted her. We did have Gromit but unfortunately she died.
    [​IMG]

This is Ginger...
    [​IMG]

Thelma and Louise (though I've never seen the film) are what we suspect to be silver Phoenixes or at least a cross of that...
    [​IMG]

Here's one we called Eowyn (yes from LOTR). We thought she was a she but she might be turning out to be a he. Althought the body is plain and quite henlike, the tail is dark with a slight sheen and looking a bit long. I'm not going to id the gender until she lays an egg or until he crows.
    [​IMG]
    She/he's the daughter/son of Tetley and Ginger.

Then there's the two chicks, hatched Sat before last. Provisionally called Blacky and Stripey. They are being reared by Ivy.
    [​IMG]

That leaves four more birds [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by