3 ganders need new home upstate NY

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by FolaBiko, Sep 6, 2009.

1. FolaBiko

FolaBiko New Egg

May 25, 2009
    NY
    I am in northern NY. I would like to find a good home for my ganders.
    I have 2 Shetland ganders from Holderreads hatched 5/19/09. I got them hoping I would get 1 female, but sadly 2 goslings died and I am left with 2 ganders.
    They have bonded to my older gander instead of me and so I would not call them friendly. My old gander loves them and is so happy to have them.
    I am most attached to the oldest gander "Fola". He is African/ ChineseX I believe. I have had him since he was hatched. He is about 6 years old, missing the top part of his beak and one eye (no he isn't pretty [​IMG]). He is really cool, but scary to strangers.

I have a small space and the new ganders are aggressive to my hens (one of whom had no idea that a goose would take after her). I have no way to separate them over the long winter. I hate to take the 2 babies from my old gander and leave him solo again and so I would like to place them together. I got the new babies just to keep him company.

I will look for the best home I can find for them. I have 2 options right now, but just thought of this list (I am kind of new). Thought maybe there might be a goose lover here interested.

They are great foragers and great, loud watch geese. Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

Thanks,
    Kk

2. ducklady331

ducklady331 New Egg

Sep 20, 2008
    I sent you an email![​IMG]
    thanks
    ducklady

3. FolaBiko

FolaBiko New Egg

May 25, 2009
    NY