3 Giant Eggs from One Nest Box

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by MissPrissy, Jan 9, 2008.

1. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I went out to collect eggs yesterday and found these 3 jumbo eggs all in the same nest box. I am not sure which 3 girls are responsible for these. I am sure one is a Marans, one is a Buff Orpington and one is a Jersey Giant. I just don't know which individual bird laid them due to more than one of each breed laying in the same box.

[​IMG]

The whitish egg is a standard size egg.

They weighed in at 3.05grams (light colored), 3.15grams (speckled) and 2.95 grams (dark).

2. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    WOW prissy those are big eggs. I am just hopping for an average egg shoot any egg LOL My girls are only 3 mths. though so I still have a while to wait.

EGG ENVEY!!!!

3. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    Those are some big eggs!

4. annmarie

annmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    I swear chickens are competitive! [​IMG]

5. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    I think I'm going to have to stop reading BYC forum until my girls lay SOMETHING!!

[​IMG]

I just want ONE egg I can brag about - they don't have to be jumbo and beautiful like yours, Miss Priss!

WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    This is going to make me sound like a nut, but I had a dream a couple of nights ago that I went out to our coop and one of our chickens had laid an egg that looked exactly like your big spotted one.

It's bad when you're DREAMING that your chickens are going to lay eggs!! [​IMG]

7. palabeco

palabeco Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2007
    S.W. PA
    Quote:I dreamed about eggs last night too! I Only have 2 hens out of 9 laying right now. I dreamt that I found dozens of eggs in the nest boxes! [​IMG]

8. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Quote:At least I'm not alone in my egg-dreaming!! [​IMG]

9. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    You are not alone, I was getting very annoyed without eggs.
    My friends made fun of me thay said that I will have the most expensive eggs in town buy the time one gets laid. I even adopted a few so I could have eggs and they won't lay. I have five and only have one layer. [​IMG]

DO NOT DISPAIR-----THEY WILL COME!

And when they do it will be all worth the wait. You will feel like a little kid on Christmas morning. I called all my friends. [​IMG]

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You know, Priss, it's funny. When I get one super-jumbo whopper egg, I usually get another one the same day from a different girl. I wonder why that is?!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by