1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

3 Golden Campines & a mystery

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bradgsanford, May 7, 2011.

1. bradgsanford

bradgsanford Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2011
    Hello all.

Chicken math struck again. Stopped by Atwoods to pick up some hardware mesh and walked out with 4 new chicks. Here is one of the Golden Campines - they all look alike so I just took a pic of one of them:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now here's my mystery chick. Is it an Easter Egger? I've been looking through the forums and can't find a picture with her exact markings. If it helps, I've been told Atwoods gets their chicks from Ideal Poultry. I've been on their site, too, to no avail. These were all in an assorted pullets tub. Thanks for any help.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and one more back shot for good measure
    [​IMG]

2. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    what kind of comb does it have? Some of the chicks I've hatched from my Dark Cornish(with a mixed roo), looked like that, IDK if thats what a pure DC looks like though

3. bradgsanford

Apr 22, 2011
    Hmm. You might just be right. I hadn't considered a cornish. Is this breed worth keeping if we're mainly looking for egg producers? I have a mother-in-law who would gladly eat it [​IMG] by the way, I see you're in South GA. I grew up in Albany/Leesburg/Sylvester. Whereabouts are you?

4. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    I'm alittle lower, in Ochlocknee.

My cornish lays 2-3 days before skipping a day. She is from a hatchery, I don't know which.
    [​IMG]

5. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    Quote:don't eat it! i'm sure it'll be a fine layer! and it's such a pretty little baby!

6. bradgsanford

Apr 22, 2011
    Updates. A week later and I would like to know if Cornish is still the prevailing guess. This little gal is the only one of our 14 that I haven't figured out. Thanks for any suggestions.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
  8. bradgsanford

Apr 22, 2011
    She does look very much like the bottom pic on that page. Thanks for the link!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by