1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

3 hatched, 1 zipping! (Updated with pic)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by columbiacritter, Feb 20, 2011.

1. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    of course two had to pop out and LOUDLY announce their escapes from their shells at 3a.m. My dogs were standing in the bathroom door lookign at the bator when I came down the hall. They were confused by such loud noise when Dad wasn't in there reading the paper. [​IMG]

The DH slept right through the first noisy hatches but woke up to see the third one shove itself out.

We will probably steam up the bathroom with a heater getting the temp way up then pull these early hatchers tonight. They are all the same type and none of the other breeds show any sign of hatching before their 21st day on Tuesday.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  2. Red&Yellow

Red&Yellow Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2009
    Frederick County, MD
    Woah, day 21 ain't till Tuesday? Hope mine are that early.

3. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    Red&Yellow :

Woah, day 21 ain't till Tuesday? Hope mine are that early.

I think my temp was running a little high. I need to get a better digital thermometer/hygrometer. 4 are out now, all Kentucky Specks, now a bantam welsummer is pipping.​

4. smchickfarm

smchickfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2010
    Waynesville,OH
    Quote:CONGRATS!!!! [​IMG] very cute!!! what kind are they??

My bantam faverolles are due to hatch this coming friday!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by