3 healthy Pekin ducks in need of a new home!

pekinlover8301

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 16, 2013
Poca, Cross Lanes, West Virginia
Hello! I live in poca, West Virginia and have 3 Pekin ducks that I can't afford to keep for the winter. Someone to keep them for either the winter or for the rest of their beautiful lives would be great. See we live on a river and have had the Pekins since this Easter. We have a drake and two hens all in good health. I check them for deceases monthly and have found nothing so far. It would be great if the new owner lived on the water but they could do without. The ducks are well fed and watered and spend most of the day out in the water. This is why I would prefer for them to at least have a water source of some sort. If you are interested in these fine quackers please comment below. Thanks! :)

Last edited:

Are these duck still available?!? We are in desperate need of Pekins. A dog killed all but one of my precious flock. The dog has been taken care of, and it's safe for us to find our sweet Spunky a family so that she won't be lonely. We LOVE Pekins and normally keep at least six. Please email me leewebwv @ gmail.com and let me know. Thank you!!!

And I do have a nice large creek and watering hole with a waterfall that our ducks love! Oh, I hope these are still available...

Hi there! I am desperate need of Pekin hens this spring! My flock is split in half with 5 being Pekins. Over the fall, I lost a couple of hens to a 50 pound snapping turtle in our pond. Thankfully, we caught and killed the sucker after I had to save a fawn runner from being taken under. (His name is Lucky) We have a huge pond that is about 2 acres in length, and for now, is without snapping turtles. I am raising fawn runners, blue, black and silver swedes and Pekins this yr. Hopefully we will be adding 2 saxony ducks to our family by summertime....depends if I go crazy just trying to keep everyone in their own pen at night for breeding. Anyways, my ducks live in paradise in southwest va. I need Pekin hens so bad because I have 3 drakes to 2 hens. Last yr there were only 2 drakes to 5 and I sometimes I had to seperate some of the ladies to take a break for a few days. Those guys are rough on them. I want to breed and sell, but refuse to watch my hens get beat up over the first few months of spring! My only solution is more hens for this season, but I need to adopt ones of laying age. And I can't afford to pay adult prices for multiples this month. I can assure you that your ducks will always be pets and never eaten. I promise they will get the best food, attention and health care. On my farm, the animals are like my children. I promise they will always be free range w/shelter. I promise I will NEVER make them live in a pen for every hour of their days. They will ALWAYS have tons of friends on a huge pond until they pass. All the ducks get treats, inspections, shelters, emergency care, fish, snails, slugs, pond scum, water critters, and even lots of love from (gentle) local kids that come by the farm to learn or to get photographed by me during the spring. (I am also a photographer) Easter portraits are how I started raising ducks in the first place :) Please let me know if you still have the Pekin hens as we NEED them soon!! My email is [email protected]
Thanks for your time,
Sarah

Back
Top Bottom