1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

3 Hens a Laying

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Peggy-Sue, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Peggy-Sue

Peggy-Sue Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2012
    Pittsburgh
    All three of our chickens we got in August are all finally laying!!!

Here's Peggy she start laying on November 10th since then we have gotten 23 eggs from her alone! She just got off a 12 day laying spree hahah
    [​IMG]

This is GG she laid her first egg this morning! We are sooo proud of her! It's so funny when she squats for us, she thumps her feet like a rabbit!

[​IMG]

Here's Darla she was to busy looking for scratch to get her picture taken. She started laying on Monday she was the smallest when we got her thinking she would be last but that's not the case...
    [​IMG]

So here is our 3 eggs we collected today! going left to right GG, Peggy, and Darla. (Somebody had muddy feet) I am really surprised how light Darlas' are they are almost white but have a tint of tan. We are soooo excited we are finally getting eggs!

[​IMG]

I don't know if I posted a picture of our newest girl Piper so once I was in a picture taking mood today here she is!

[​IMG]

2. wlbaker3

wlbaker3 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 7, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    It's great when they finally start laying, isn't it? My wife was just commenting the other day how happy she is that she hasn't bought eggs from the grocery for more than a year.

3. AZCowboy

AZCowboy Out Of The Brooder

Dec 4, 2012
    Very healthy looking chickens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by