3 hens & a roo? you tell me...

FarmGirl21

Songster
11 Years
Sep 16, 2008
WA
I think I have 3 hens and 1 roo in this little bunch. I had 5 in the hatch but i got rid of one that was identical to the one here i think is a roo. I am pretty sure the smaller white one is the roo but i would like to double check with you "sexperts"
smile.png

All of the 'females' have flat comb areas but the little 'boy' has a very obvious single comb. the parents were a single comb feather footed banty roo and a little black banty hen.

*fingers crossed*

DSCN1274.jpg

DSCN1273.jpg

DSCN1302.jpg

DSCN1304.jpg

DSCN1285.jpg

Last edited:
i think you are right about the single combed little guy, and its a little early to tell yet, but keep an eye on the black one with the rosecomb, i think it looks a little pink already to be a pullet. but you never know, just watch it!

Also, all 3 of the 'hens' matured a lot faster than the littler rooster. They had their tails & a lot of other feathers before the 2 little guys started showing their tail feathers. they've also always been a little bigger than the 2 twin boys.

I know they're not Silkie crosses, is there any other breed that has 'combs' like the black, orange & white ones? theyre like non-existent combs.(not the roo)

single comb looks like a roo as does the dark one. would need a better comb pic for the other 2 to get a better idea...

Crap, this sucks. I will go get some better pictures of them right now....I was really hoping the black one would be a girl too. both parents were single comb so i don't know where they would have gotten the odd flat combs from
sad.png

I can see why they think they are silkie x, I would have guessed the same. Also, the buff looks like it has a little bit of a crest on it's head...

Back
Top Bottom