3 Hens FOUR EGGS today

The Noodle Farm

In the Brooder
Jun 28, 2016
Has this ever happened to anyone. I have just 3 hens. Yesterday only one layed an egg. Today Two Underdeveloped eggs and two regular eggs. My girls are about 20 weeks old. Is it possible that the one that didn't lay yesterday layed 2! Today??? CRAZY

These are the three from earlier today and the one from tonight was a regular brown egg (good shell)

Yes, it's possible that one egg got delayed and came out w the next one...

Yes, it's possible that one egg got delayed and came out w the next one...

OK weird they all came out hours apart from each other. Mine just started laying two weeks ago and the third just started today. I check the coop like a newbie every few hours lol

OK thanks for the info. It's been a pretty exciting day for me. Lol my sister called me a dork
1f633.png
I said yes a happy dork. All my hens are laying and this is my first time raising chicks I've had them since they were 2 Weeks old. Proud moment for me and I'm sure you all understand
1f601.png

Yep. Same thing happened to me about 3 weeks ago. Got 2 eggs, I developed, I soft shell right next to each other in the coop floor. 4 eggs from pullets. It was this birds second day laying

Last edited:
Yep. Same thing happened to me about 3 weeks ago. Got 2 eggs, I developed, I soft shell right next to each other in the coop floor. 4 eggs from pullets. It was this birds second day laying

I'm happy to hear this is normal lol
I did put grit and oyster shells in their coop today (advice given) Did you say you have only 3hens too?

I'm happy to hear this is normal lol
I did put grit and oyster shells in their coop today (advice given) Did you say you have only 3hens too?

Yes. 4 eggs from 3 pullets, so the two eggs were from 1 hen. After a few lays, the kinks are worked out typically.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom