3 inches!!! WOW!!!

buzymom13

I run the Alien Chicken Asylum
9 Years
Apr 20, 2010
ep.gif

This is what our Austrolorp "Peepers" laid today!!! SHeeesh!!! My nice pretty black darling... It's 3 inches long and fills your hand. I don't have an egg scale so I don't know how much it weighs but WOW!!!
D.gif

54853_101_5699.jpg

Here it is next to my EE's "TY" egg she laid at the same time.

thumbsup.gif

Thats crazy! I got a 3 incher this afternoon too!!! This is the second one I have got like that from one of my girls who I "think" is a New Hampshire...she laid one 2 weeks ago as well. (I need to get my camera working again so I can post pics of my girls sometime to see if everyone else agrees with the breeds I think they are, lol. And of course, to show off these crazy huge eggs...I wonder if she is going to keep laying ginormous eggs like that...)

The other one was just a double yolk...is 3 inches uncommonly larger for double yolks? IDK because that was the first double yolk I had ever seen...

Tanya

This is my first flock so I'm not an expert.

This pullet "Peepers" is a Australorp. She's about 34 wks and has been laying since summer. She usually gives me big eggs but she has gone for 4 or 5 days in a row giving us double yolkers. This is the biggest one she's laid so far. The others were between 2 1/2 and 2 3/4 inches...

I'm curious to know if it ends up being a "triple yolker".
thumbsup.gif

This is our first flock too...I was totally shocked when I got the first one...now today another. (and I seriously did not know a chicken could lay something that big...) LOL, it kinda felt like hitting the egg lotto!

Hey look, and we are both homeschooling...cool!

thumbsup.gif

My kids have enjoyed the chickens so much. They've used them for school reports and everything.
wee.gif

We've done homeschool since my oldest was in 3rd grade and she's graduating this year!
wee.gif

That's wicked, I hope I have any let alone any thing that large, my god that's an awesome bird you have...I also need to ask what is an (EE, that layed the blue egg)...thks...

celebrate.gif
Oh I'm sorry...

An EE is a Easter Egger. I've got 2 pullets and 1 roo of the EE breed. They are a mix breed and lay anything from white to shades of blue or green and sometimes cream/pinkish/or purple and sometimes brown.

I have 2 laying. One lays the pretty blue color you see and one lays a nice creamy pinkish color.

They are pretty birds IMO. A bit "divaish" but pretty none the less.
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom