3 month old black/rust female dobie in North GA

bantyman

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 25, 2008
Blue Ridge GA
I have the last one in the litter to find a new home for She is 3 months old with her shots up to date her tail is docked she has been wormed twice and her ears have been cropped She is healthy full of beans and smart as she can be She weighs a whoopin' 27 lbs. Have started her on leash training and housebreaking and have begun her crate training Have to find her a new home as we have 3 adults already and cant have another big dog Gonna try and put a pic of her on here but dont count on it as I havent done this before E-mail for pics of her parents Asking $600 for her and believe me you wont be disappointed
IMAG002BG.jpg
IMAG001BG.jpg
IMAG0008.jpg

Last edited:
What health testing did you perform on this pup's parents? Did you OFA for hip dysplasia? Check for low thyroid? Von Willebrands disease? Screen for dilatory cardiomyopathy? CERF on the eyes? Any history of sudden death or other cardio death in the ancestors? Do you know anything about the longevity of the ancestors? Are the parents titled, either in conformation or any performance venues?

Unfortunately the doberman is not a very healthy breed, and there are already literally thousands of dobermans in rescues across the country and dying in shelters every day. Anyone who breeds dobermans or buys dobermans from a breeder should be very concerned about IMPROVING the breed -- and that means very carefully breeding only health tested dogs that have proven themselves to be superior in both conformation and temperament through independent testing and titling.

If anyone reading this is looking for a doberman in Georgia, please check with Atlanta Doberman Rescue. You can find them here: http://www.atlantadobermanrescue.com/ . They, like us (I run East Tennessee Doberman Rescue) are frequently forced to turn away dogs in need because there just isn't room for them all. If anyone in the rest of the country is looking for a dobe, please look here for other rescue listings: http://www.dpca.org/Rescue/directory.html

Unfortunatly we have not had to do screenings on alot of these things because we happen to know what and where they come from They come from a very reputable breeder in Alabama, McCombs kennels, That has alot of imports and American bred dogs She has quite a few titles on her Americans and armloads on her imports including OFA She breeds for intelligence and the working aspect for which they were developed and we are not any kind of puppy mill This is our second litter in 7 years and as of nest week our male is getting nuetered and my grump is getting spayed the week after Which is a shame cause she is an import My wife was a vet tech for 25 years and she know the importance of alot more things than the avereage backyard breeder We both have bred and raised showdogs for over 20 years and members of our local and national dog club So this puppy is not your average backyard breeding

Well, isn't this interesting, bantyman that you and I live so close and have something else in common. My family raised AKC Dobes when I was a kid in metro Atlanta. I grew up with only Dobermans, no other dogs. Can't afford to buy her, but she's a beauty from the pics. amazondoc, thanks for the work you do with the Dobe rescues. They are wonderful dogs.

You're a member of your breed club? That's awesome! I am a member of several local clubs, but have yet to take the plunge into the national club, although I haven't bred a litter yet. I feel that you were sort of attacked previously and just want to state that hip dysplacia can come about after generations of 'good' or 'fair' hips, so having each breeding dog tested for at the minium hips is imporant. I personally know of a blue dane from 1 of the countries best breeders who failed his hips @ 2, even though testing had been solid for 4+ generations. If you know you have healthy stock that's awesome, just alot more people are becoming informed on the types of testing available and therefore are becoming more selective in their breeders, so if this is something you want to stick with, I'd suggest you try it out b/c it can only benefit you, the dogs, and everyone involved.
HTH,
Kristi

Hey Cynthia
Thank you She is a doll Afraid to ask about anything about you Might have the same family
smile.png
Dobe rescue is a good thing but 90% of the dogs in rescue is because of the owners and not the dogs If people would chek out the dog first and find out more about the breed before they buy then there wouldnt be as many in the shelter or the rescue centers When people get a dog from rescue or the shelter they get the old owners habits and alot of them are hard to break and from this the breed, whatever that may be, gets the bad rap

I am very aware of the hip dyspalsia thing We had a shepherd that was OFA excellent but his pups were at the best Fair So he was nutered We had several Chows that were Ofa Excellent but from breedings with them the best we were able to get were Good So you can breed Excellent to Excellent and still get bad results It is the gene pool thing Like color You can get a color from 3 generations back pop up in a litter from single color breedings for 3 generations But eventually you will get what you are aiming at Takes a while but it will happen

My last dobe was from a reputable breeder in PA...Von Willebrand carrier (70% factor) . My current dobe is VW positive..factor of 8% out of 100%-again reputable breeder in NH that also supposively tested . She has to be tranfused for her spay with Factor 8. My first dobe had Wobblers.

They arent the heathliest breed, it helps thoguh to be sure more diseases are passed down through the lines.

Very cute pup!

Quote:
I'm absolutely with you here! Dogs end up in shelters mostly because of careless owners AND careless breeders. Owners who don't do their research first and don't make a real commitment to their own dogs -- and breeders who breed indiscriminantly and don't carefully screen the people who buy their pups.

When people get a dog from rescue or the shelter they get the old owners habits and alot of them are hard to break and from this the breed, whatever that may be, gets the bad rap

I don't agree with this one. Usually, rescue dogs are just as adaptable and make just as good pets as dogs from breeders. After all, these dogs CAME from breeders originally. But people need to realize that there is no such thing as the perfect dog -- they ALL have problems of one sort or other!

Also, thanks for the info about your pup!

If you mean McCombs kennel in Jasper Alabama, I do see some impressive dogs in the pedigrees several generations back. And it looks like they sponsor obedience classes, which is great. Unfortunately, so far as I can tell on the web site there has been little in the way of titling or health testing on their dogs in the last three generations. Of course, there can always be lots of things that don't make it onto the web site!

For those who might be in the market, remember that EVERY generation should prove itself in both health and performance before producing another generation. Otherwise, go to rescue and save the life of a dog in need. There are thousands of them out there!​

You are very welcome for the info on my pup But I dont feel like I have to answer to you for my breeding or to have you chek up on me I am one of the responsible breeders and not a puppy mill This is my last breeding cause me and my wife dont want anymore puppies and we dont want our male having puppies all over the county and dont want my female having mixed puppies Thank you so much for your concern and attention

Back
Top Bottom