3 month old buff Orpington a male or female?

ll406

In the Brooder
Jul 2, 2021
So I am new to raising chickens and bought 4 chicks that are supposed to be pullets from a local store. got 1 rhode island red, 1 barred rock, 1 buff orpington, and 1 black jersey giant. The buff orpington quickly started to show dominance and enforce that dominance ever since they were at least a week old. The first day it was even so sweet as to protect the rhode island red whom was lethargic from the other 2 chicks. As the buff started to grow up, it was outgrowing even the jersey giant and asserting its dominance. Something that always caught my eye were how huge its legs and feet were in comparison to the others even as a young chick. Today I managed to catch a glance at how large and red the comb and waddle are, as well as the curved tail feathers.

So I am new to raising chickens and bought 4 chicks that are supposed to be pullets from a local store. got 1 rhode island red, 1 barred rock, 1 buff orpington, and 1 black jersey giant. The buff orpington quickly started to show dominance and enforce that dominance ever since they were at least a week old. The first day it was even so sweet as to protect the rhode island red whom was lethargic from the other 2 chicks. As the buff started to grow up, it was outgrowing even the jersey giant and asserting its dominance. Something that always caught my eye were how huge its legs and feet were in comparison to the others even as a young chick. Today I managed to catch a glance at how large and red the comb and waddle are, as well as the curved tail feathers.
Picture?

Pics

Sorry, this double posted i think when a picture failed to upload. If a Moderator would like to remove this I wouldn't mind. that said, the picture is here

Attachments

• IMG_4776.JPG
    IMG_4776.JPG
    492 KB · Views: 106
It looks like a roo. My buff laced polish/buff orp cross roo looked just like that when he was a cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom