1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

3 month old cocheral is addicted to bag balm ointment

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by grandmasbuttons, Jan 4, 2013.

1. grandmasbuttons

grandmasbuttons New Egg

Jul 29, 2011
    Has anybody else ever had a chicken that obsessively eats bag balm or vaseline or any other weird thing like that? Mine would eat a whole can of it if I let him. I now have to make sure that the lid is always on the can

2. grandmasbuttons

grandmasbuttons New Egg

Jul 29, 2011
    I should add that he lives exclusively indoors with me

3. peepacheep

peepacheep Chillin' With My Peeps

I can not say that I have had a chicken addicted to bag balm but after decades with Labradors not much surprises me. Fel Napha laundry soap? Thought I was losing my mind miss placing whole bars of soap until I caught one Lab eating an entire bar. No bar of soap was safe during her life time. Quarts of sour dough starter, pounds of dry beans, raw potatoes, heck, carrots still in the ground and pumpkins on the vine. Oh, and library books, that's an expensive one. That was just that one Lab. She taught us a lot what not to be surprised of what a dog might consider edible, not necessarily digestible, but eatable. Hopefully your young roo will never figure out how to open the the bag balm tin.... [​IMG] Welcome to BYC!

4. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    My pug puppy eats gummi bears and funions and watches Tv with my husband. Then they both fall sleep and snore. They are a lot alike. .. Anyways I had a cat that refused to eat any kind if human food or meat/fish. He could sit right beside it and wouldn't even look at it. But when my husband drank sweet tea he would come she try to get some.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by