3 month old hen with enlarged side

ChiknNoob

Hatching
Aug 21, 2021
My 3 month old chicken began sporadically drooling a few days ago (it was completely clear and I noticed no real odor). Nonetheless, I immediately isolated her to observe her as well as her poop for a day. Everything seemed normal, aside from the sporadic drool. As a result, I returned her to the flock. Now, she has developed a large lump on her side and is swinging her head quite a bit from side to side. She is free-range most of the day and continues to eat and drink as she normally would. I think it may be an issue with her crop but really am unsure of next steps as this is my first flock. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to you all in advance. I have already learned so much from the folks here but obviously have a long way to go.

Attachments

• 53275824-3B94-4D09-8438-0AB44B79FF09.jpeg
    53275824-3B94-4D09-8438-0AB44B79FF09.jpeg
    276.4 KB · Views: 12
My 3 month old chicken began sporadically drooling a few days ago (it was completely clear and I noticed no real odor). Nonetheless, I immediately isolated her to observe her as well as her poop for a day. Everything seemed normal, aside from the sporadic drool. As a result, I returned her to the flock. Now, she has developed a large lump on her side and is swinging her head quite a bit from side to side. She is free-range most of the day and continues to eat and drink as she normally would. I think it may be an issue with her crop but really am unsure of next steps as this is my first flock. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to you all in advance. I have already learned so much from the folks here but obviously have a long way to go.
She may have an impacted crop. Separate her again, & check to see if the crop empties over night? No food during this time.

Back
Top Bottom