3 month old Porcelain SG cockeral

rilly10

Clover Field Farm
9 Years
May 18, 2010
Pottstown, PA
Up for auction is a porcelain sg cockeral. He is PQ or could be used as a project bird. He will ship next Monday following the end of the auction (weather permitting). He will be clean, dusted, and nails trimmed.

I would be happy to do pick up if you are close enough to come get him. I live in Pottstown, PA 19465. If you pick him up I will throw in 6 eggs from my Lav SG or Porcelain/lav pen so you can hopefully hatch him out a girlfriend!

57966_053.jpg

Just wanted to add- I am considering him pet quality due to poor wings and some harder tail feathers.

Quote:
Mostly the fluff is on his cheeks. I only have hens that have the FULL fluffy beard so far! He is deff are bearded though!

Less than a day left! I have decided to offer the winner a black split lavender hen to go with him if you would like. She would be an additional $75. She is laying now and a year old. Great layer and sweetie pie! The winner does not need to add her but will have first dibbs if they want her! Their offspring would either be lavenders or splits 50/50 and also a 50/50 chance of showgirls.
57966_blacksplit-pomp.jpg

He's so handsome! I'm not familiar with the porcelain genetics. Would you mind explaining a little? I already am working with BBS Silkies, and I want to start working with Showgirls as well. Initially, I was going to stick with the BBS Showgirls, but after seeing this little guy, I might me tempted to go another route. Anyway, any info would be great!

Porcelains come from breeding a lavender to a buff to make a split, and then the split back to a lavender to make a porcelain, so they have a double dose of the lav gene with buff in the backround. If you breed a porcelain to another porcelain you will get all poecelains. If you breed a porcelain to a lav you will get mostly lavenders or very light porcelains. Breeding a porcelain to a split black would give you half splits and half lavenders. Out of those since she is a silkie, and he is a showgirl you will get 50/50 showgirls vs silkies. Some of the offspring may also be porcelain or have faint porcelain coloring but most likely from this pair you would get lavs nd black splits.

If you wanted more porcelains, I would maybe pass on the hen, and look for a nice buff hen or two since porcelain hens are hard to find. There is a GORGEOUS one on either bidbird or feather auction now from Sundownsilkies, and Jen has some on here I think still too. Cross them, keep the pullets, and breed back to dad for more porcelains! Hope this helps!

He is 3 months old. I do not have any buffs. He came from a trio of porcelains I own, but I don't have any buffs on the property at all. The only hen I have available is the black split lav hen. There are a tom of buff girls being auctioned off on here that would pair well with him thoughfrom other sellers! I also have porcelain/lavender eggs for sale in the hatching egg section. If someone wins him and the eggs I will send a bunch of extra eggs so hopefully you can hatch a pullet out for him!

Back
Top Bottom