3 month old rooster already trying to mate?!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickenbuttsowhat, Mar 5, 2012.

1. chickenbuttsowhat

chickenbuttsowhat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    Danville, Arkansas
    ok i have this young rooster i mean young he still peeps like a baby chick his name is Eagle, i thought it was a hen until what just happen i was sitting down watching my young chickens eat with my ducks i have 2 bantam hens in with them and a silkie rooster who watches over them. I was watching one of the bantam hens who is a silkie cochin mix but she looks just like a buff cochin but with black skin and 5 toes. Out of no where my baby rooster ,who is standard size easter egger mix with a bantam sizzle, mounts my buff hen and mates with her i was shocked [​IMG]. he's only 3 months old is that normal for a young roo?? i mean he's still my lil baby he peeps still he's smaller then his mama who is a bantam sizzle. My young RIR rooster just started making adult chicken sounds and he doesnt even do that lol. Eagle's father the standard size EE rooster was a horn dog he like to mate so did that past down to his lil son lol just weird. is it normal

2. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    "Boys will be boys"

3. chickenbuttsowhat

chickenbuttsowhat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    Danville, Arkansas
    so thats normal then lol ?! im still just shocked never going to look at young eagle the same way again lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by