3 month old rooster getting aggressive!

MadAsh

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 7, 2012
I was just attacked by my rooster! I was squatting down to show my one year old a ladybug on her arm and he just bit my lip. I didn't even know he was nearby. I am SOOO glad that he attacked me instead of my youngest daughter. Now I am afraid to let my little one around him. We had decided to replace him with a pullet, but the store that we purchased him from is out of bantam hens. They told us if we had roosters, we could exchange them for pullets. I plan on taking him back even if I can't replace him now. Feed the lil bugger, raise him, love him, feed him bugs and this is the thanks I get? My husband had been saying he was noticing aggression and I was trying to find ways to keep him around, but no more!!! My oldest girls are not happy, but I'm hoping I can rehome him before they are next.

I was just attacked by my rooster! I was squatting down to show my one year old a ladybug on her arm and he just bit my lip. I didn't even know he was nearby. I am SOOO glad that he attacked me instead of my youngest daughter. Now I am afraid to let my little one around him. We had decided to replace him with a pullet, but the store that we purchased him from is out of bantam hens. They told us if we had roosters, we could exchange them for pullets. I plan on taking him back even if I can't replace him now. Feed the lil bugger, raise him, love him, feed him bugs and this is the thanks I get? My husband had been saying he was noticing aggression and I was trying to find ways to keep him around, but no more!!! My oldest girls are not happy, but I'm hoping I can rehome him before they are next.

yes, get rid of him, and until you do keep him away from the children. they can do a lot of damage quick to a child.

We'll, he's gone. I lured him into the kennel with cottage cheese and he made the biggest fuss. I felt really sorry for him when I took him back to the general store. They have a chicken coop behind the store and they put him into that until he can be picked up and taken back to their farm. There were three other bantam roosters in there and they were really chasing him around. It almost made me cry. He looked pretty scared. What was very interesting is that he is SUPPOSED to be a bantam and he was three times the size of all the other roosters. He must be a large fowl. Anyway, he is gone. I did find an ad for bantam black cochins and we are going to pick out two of them this weekend. Our other three chickens disappeared after they heard him so upset in the kennel and they haven't come out of the coop since. They must think he was eaten by something. So now I think that my tiny bantam is really the only bantam we have and the other two are also large fowl chickens. I was amazed at how small the roosters were at the general store and realize we only really have one bantam. I guess we'll have two large chickens with a flock of bantams. :)

Back
Top Bottom