3 mystery chicks...what are we?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Peep Talk, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Peep Talk

Peep Talk Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Loudon, PA
    I am curious as to what breed you think these 3 mystery babies are. These chicks do not have green legs, so the easy guess of EE is not available. [​IMG]

Mystery Chick #1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mystery Chick #2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mystery Chick #3
    [​IMG]

2. msheets

msheets Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Hurricane, WV
    Also they all came from brown eggs!

3. Campine Lover

Campine Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Moss Beach, CA
    Where did you get them? If they came from ur own flock they may be mixes

4. Peep Talk

Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Loudon, PA
    They are actually chicks that I am receiving from msheets that she had hatched. She got an assortment and is unsure what these might be. I'm just wondering what they could be, or what they could be mixed with. She said they have the chipmunk stripes if that helps any.

5. msheets

msheets Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Hurricane, WV
    All of them have real wide & flat combs, one looks like it's a split comb & two have smooth ones with hardly any "bumps." The black austrolorps & buff orpington chicks have skinny pointy type combs, nothing like these 3. And #1 & #2 have the chipmunk stripes, so cute! :)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  6. Peep Talk

Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Loudon, PA
    Anyone have any guesses as to what they might be? I like to research any new breeds that I get so I know what to expect and these little ones are going to be a complete mystery! Lol!

7. Peep Talk

Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Loudon, PA
    Please help me with any guesses for these chicks. I have been researching but without knowing exactly where to look, I'm not doing well.

8. Peep Talk

Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Loudon, PA
    Ok, so I looked back at the hatching thread that msheets and I had posted on and of the many breeds that she had posted, I believe these may be Barnevelders. The reason I say this is because of this link right here.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...es?q=Barnevelder+chicks&um=1&hl=en&tbs=isch:1

If you scroll down to the post with the picture of the 2 light colored Barnevelders, and continue scrolling on that post, they look like what these chicks will feather out to be. If so, I will be thrilled as i love the color! [​IMG] What do yall think?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by