3 mystery pullets?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Allical, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Allical

Allical New Egg

Aug 7, 2009
    Kingwood, TX
    I just got these pullets from my brother (he got them from a neighbor...) They are pretty young, real sweet and docile.
    My brother said that the neighbor mentioned bantam cochins...What do you guys think? They do have feathered feet (not sure if you can tell in the pics)
    There is one light whitish one and 2 blacks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for any info!!

2. bishopschickens

bishopschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    They look cochin/OEG cross to me. But they are pretty girls. [​IMG]

3. Allical

Allical New Egg

Aug 7, 2009
    Kingwood, TX
    Thanks!! Out of curiosity, what do you see that makes you think Cochin/OEG?
    We are totally new to this, but we are definitely hooked already! I think it will be easy to win the neighbors over with these sweet girls if we need to. We are already thinking of ways to expand our small, slightly illegal (liberal interpretation of the HOA rules) backyard flock!!

4. merinette

merinette New Egg

Mar 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    I think you can safely rule out pure-bred cochin. This is my bantam cochin pullet and my Old English Game(OEG) pullet:
    [​IMG]

This is my OEG rooster:
    [​IMG]

However, OEGs are clean-legged. I think cochin-OEG cross is a good guess. If not, perhaps they are Booted Bantams? I have never seen a Booted Bantam before--I think they are rather rare--but here is a link. http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Sabel/BRKSabel.html

Good luck!

5. Allical

Allical New Egg

Aug 7, 2009
    Kingwood, TX
    Wow Merinette thanks for that pic (beautiful birds)! Our girls definitely look like a cross between those two! I have been searching for pics to do a side-by-side comparison.
    You guys are great!! Thanks so much for the info!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by