3 NEW chickens- ID sex + a few more questions?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by cluckcluckluke, Oct 15, 2012.

1. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

im not entirely sure where to post this thread because i have a few questions over a variety of subjects!

ok so i got 1 frizzle $50 who i was told was most certainly a hen a 2 bantam RIR's $60 each which one is defiantly a hen but one may not be, they are all 18 weeks old (if you stick with me ill post up some pictures tomorrow and i would like some help just to confirm).

Q1) ive never owned bantams OR frizzles will they be ok to eat layer pellets just like my large fowl flock? They are 18 weeks old so old enough.

Q2) Do i need to set up a whole new run for just my bantams and frizzle or will they mix well? (they are going to have there own roost apart from the other flock)

Q3) What sex are they? (pics up tomorrow, please be patient)

Q4) will they be friendly i heard that silkies and bantams have really nice natures or are these just certain individuals?

Q5) If i do have a rooster will they be quieter because of them being bantams, or is this just a stupid question?(id love to keep breeding them because they are pure bred)

Thank you so much if you are able to help me, if you cant answer all the questions please tell me which question your referring to.

Thanks CluckCluckLuke

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  2. cluckcluckluke

18 weeks old all of them!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. mrsc1951

mrsc1951 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Largo, Florida
    Not sure about gender questions. You are right in they don't look exactly the same but I have 2 Australorps that were that way. I was positive one was a roo but when it came time for them to lay eggs, they both did and still do. Your bantams should be fine with the others - I would introduce them over time or at night. I have only one bantam and six standards and she doesn't get picked on any more than any of the others. They are nice looking, good luck.

4. cluckcluckluke

thank you, there great and have so much personality and its good to hear they wont get picked on just because there small.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by