3 new silkies and 2-week-old photos of the rest

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Annie84, May 14, 2011.

1. Annie84

Annie84 Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    Columbus, MN
    We got 3 new silkies today at the poultry swap in Forest Lake, MN. I don't know their genders yet, but if anyone has a guess, let me know. They are so cute! We were told they are approx 10 weeks old. We've added them (with supervision) to our 2 week old BR and mystery chick, and all seems to be going well, absolutely no pecking or anything, but we will continue to monitor. This evening they are moving to a larger brooder pen that I will be picking up from my aunt. Here are the photos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    All the chicks:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Cute!

3. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Very cute [​IMG]

4. Annie84

Annie84 Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    Columbus, MN
    Thanks, we are having so much fun with them. Two of the BRs run up to my hands every time they're in the brooder, and want to be held, and now they are all running up to me when I put feed in my hand to eat from me, even though their feeder is just a few inches away. They all look at me when I talk to them, lol. I just got a juvenile pen to put them in outside during the day, it even has a heat lamp and stuff, so when it's nice enough out (gotta love the MN weather) they can go out for the day, but I'll bring them back in at night. We're also building the coop next to our dogs' kennels, and I think that will help keep the predators down, as I know the dogs will go nuts if they see anything, enough to hopefully keep predators away. They sleep outside at night, and are outside when it isn't their turn to be in the house with us (we rotate them)

5. WVChickenFarmer

WVChickenFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Union, WV
    They are cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by