3 Newbie Ameracaunas Joined the Flock and only laid 1 green egg

pgras123

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 23, 2008
Greenfield Indiana
Well now I know not to introduce newbies in a flock if you can help it. I added chickens once before and it finally worked out after some issues - but they were of the same breed.

Around the holidays I put the 3 Americauna Pullets in with the ladies. They did have 1 month to warm up to each other in seperate areas. It didn't go well at first and they still hide under the nest boxes away from the flock some -although I think they are warming up.

Now finally about 10 days ago I got my first green egg! I thought they might be getting ready to laY! But since then nothing. Unless they are going in the nest boxes and laying brown eggs!!??

I think they are kind of skitish but they are very handsome birds. Is this what I get for trying to make an egg producer out of one of these birds? What do you think of 3 Americauna's laying one green egg and then nothing? Thanks to all.
idunno.gif

Thanks, good info and who knows if there eastereggers or Americaunas? I will research. I know the "farm" I bought them from said Americaunas, but who knows.

Wow, there is some hard to read info on the difference between Americanaus and Easter Eggers on the internet . I need to go feed the kids now but I will research later . I know that egg was more green than blue and my birds have their tuff's on the side of their face.

I have 4 EE's. 1 has an olive colored egg, 1 light blue, one beigy & 1 pinkish. Gonna get 10 more on Wed, will be fun to see what they do. J

Back
Top Bottom