3 oz egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by robbinsroost, Sep 21, 2009.

1. robbinsroost

robbinsroost Out Of The Brooder

Sep 3, 2009
    Mooresville
    [​IMG] I have a golden comet who now consistently lays large eggs [​IMG] [​IMG] I weighed a store bought large egg, it was 2 oz. I won't be able to put this in a carton already tried. It is huge!!! Poor girl, but just love her!!

2. kimboolah

kimboolah Chillin' With My Peeps

Isn't that fun?! I have one hen who consistantly lays the biggest double yolkers. She is the smallest of the bunch, too! They won't fit in my cartons, either. So we eat those first and bet on how many yolks before we open them (no prize if you are right!). We have had four triple yolkers this summer.

3. robbinsroost

robbinsroost Out Of The Brooder

Sep 3, 2009
    Mooresville
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Thanks for replying!!! It is fun, I love going out to the coop and looking for surprises every morning!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Big eggs are Awesome finds!!! I love giving them to my unsuspecting friends in their dozen of eggs - they are always so excited by the novelty of it. [​IMG] Not only that, but how cool is it that you can crack 3 eggs and have 1/2 doz. in the skillet?! I love doing that. [​IMG] congrats on the jumbo egg! do you know how long it is/was? Our longest/biggest egg was 3.1 inches. Poor girl, hasn't laid another big one since! ha ha ha.... that one probably fixed her for life.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by