1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

3 pipped, 11 still waiting!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kycowgirl78, Apr 25, 2009.

1. kycowgirl78

kycowgirl78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    Morgantown, Ky
    I had 14 eggs, comets and EEs due to hatch tomorrow. 3 are pipped tonight, 2 comets and 1 EE. I'm very excited. I tried for months last fall with I don't know how many eggs to only have 5 hatch and only 2 made it to maturity. Part of the problem was humidity and part of the problem was me trying to "help" the chicks out when they were doing just fine on their own and were really still to wet and bloody to be taken out of the shell completely. Sooooo, I'm keeping busy so that I stay OUT of the incubator. I'm not doing ANY aiding until at least 12 hrs have passed and then only if they inside of the egg is dry. Thank goodness it's warm enough that my ducklings can stay outside during the day, need to move them out to make room for the new arrivals. Have put my white pekings out permanently with some older goslings and some 6 wk old chicks. Keep your fingers crossed for more hatches tonight or tomorrow.

2. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    [​IMG] Hatching vibes sent your way! It seems to take forever after they pip for them to get on out, doesn't it. Hope you have lots of chicks soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by