3 Qualities from Santa

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by iread, Dec 21, 2009.

1. iread

iread Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    South Carolina
    I found a great lesson idea online and had my students (10th graders) write letters to Santa. In their letters, they had to ask Santa for three qualities, identify why they need these, and how they will become better people by having the qualities. It was an extra credit assignment but I have had some great responses! These kids asked for everything from patience, a better work-ethic, and less procrastination to more quality interactions with family, the ability to mend a broken heart, and acceptance for those who are different.

Backyarders, what 3 qualities would you ask for? I would like for Santa to give me more forgiveness for others in my heart, more patience, and tolerance for negative people (in the hope that I could help them not be such meanies!).

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I think you've summed it up perfectly. [​IMG] That would be exactly what I'd ask for too. Don't you wish that Santa really could bring us those things?

3. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Great thread!

I would ask for patience. I tend to want everything now now now.

I would also like self-control. My famous last words are 'It seemed like a good idea at the time'. I like to jump in feet first but dont always look to see where I am leaping

Third would be thoroughness. My kids and DH will tell you that I am great at getting things started but not so great at making sure things are done completely. Spare parts dont bother me...lol.

Will all of that fit in my stocking?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by