1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

3 Roos in need of Rehoming

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by FarmerBlake, Apr 5, 2016.

1. FarmerBlake

FarmerBlake Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2016
    Shawnee, Kansas
    I have 3 roosters I need rehomed. I got chickens from a family friend so took my chances getting a rooster. Of 6 chicks, 3 are roosters. Go figure! At least it's not ALL of them. I've have them since they were less than a week old. They are a mix of Phoenix and ISA Brown. Very beautiful birds but alas, I cannot keep them. I can only have hens. They are now almost 5 weeks old and have been living in a brooder box in my basement. They are handled daily by my children and seem to be loving birds - for roosters. I hate to give them up, but I have to. This rooster has no tail feathers l like the other two. They have longer tail feathers. He is the dominant one, though. [​IMG]

They are hard to get pictures of so please excuse what looks like we are squeezing them.
    [​IMG]

This one is our favorite chick. And now he's a rooster. He has long tail feathers and is very beautifully feathered. Lots of color to him.
    [​IMG]

We live in the KCMO area. Please let me know if you would be interested in taking these guys. They need a good home where roosters are allowed. We live in Shawnee, Kansas

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  2. FarmerBlake

FarmerBlake Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2016
    Shawnee, Kansas
    Roosters found a home. And the darn things stole my heart. Took it with them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by