3 Roosters / Around 40 chickens Need new home - Southern California / San Diego

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by brownfarms, Sep 10, 2012.

1. brownfarms

brownfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    San Diego Area, CA
    The time has come for our farm to be developed into housing. We do not know where we will be relocating at this point and need to find a good home for our 3 roosters and about 40 chickens. We easily get over a dozen eggs a day when laying is good. The chicks originally come from the McMurray Ornamental Layer collection and were born in 2008. We have a 10x20 shed that was built as their coop which we can include, chain link fencing and posts and help move as well. They are used to roaming a large space during the day and getting locked up tight from predators at night. I hope to keep them together but know that may not be possible. Looking for a home in Southern California - South of LA preferred. I'm posting here only since I know Backyard Chickens member don't generally eat their chickens but I know I'll have no control once they leave me. =( - Sad in San Diego - Michelle

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  2. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    Oh sad ! its hard when you have to leave them , wish I was close enough to rescue them !! Good luck hope some will come along.

3. 15shenyl

15shenyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2012
    Yakima Washington
    That's sad:( Too bad you can't ship, I live in Washington. Good luck.

4. H6Tjadeb

H6Tjadeb Out Of The Brooder

Oct 31, 2012
    I need chickens for my FFA project but I live in Missouri[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by