<3 Silkie x mille fleur d'uccle mixes..

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by bantiehen, Nov 25, 2011.

1. bantiehen

bantiehen Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    Montana
    Their mom is my red brown partridge silkie hen Chocolate Chip and their dad was my Mille Fleur D'uccle rooster.. [​IMG] two are the same and the one is all blondish brown.
    [​IMG][/img] oatmeal cookie
    [​IMG][/img] sugar cookie
    [​IMG][/img] snicker doodle.

Trying to keep an all cookie names lol since mom is named Chocolate Chip lol it hasn't been so easy

2. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    Cute chicks! [​IMG] That is an interesting mix. I am curious to know what they will look like when grown.

Edited to say: [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  3. bantiehen

Nov 22, 2011
    Montana
    thank you.. [​IMG] yep I didn't even know their mom was laying she was a sneaky sneaky girl lol.. Until Oatmeal was pipping I saw this little black beak and I was like wait a minute that's not a pure d'uccle that's a silkie chick. [​IMG] all of them have the five toes [​IMG] which is cool . They are so tiny [​IMG] their mom isn't very big either. I have some more from Chocolate chip in the incubator developing. I've seen a few pictures of D'uccle x silkie mixes and they are very cool should be interesting to see if they have the smooth feathers like a silkie or if it will show up in the next generation.. but they are cute. I think feathersite has some pictures of the mix ...

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    So Cute!! and Welcome to BYC [​IMG]

5. flowerchicks

flowerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    n. california
    Very cute babies [​IMG] This was my pair, they were only about 6 months old in this picture. I hatched 2 of their eggs and they were both the sweetest chickens I have had. I don't have anymore silkie roo's, so I can't get anymore of her babies.

[​IMG]
    This was their first offspring, Tulie. He was the sweetest boy. I had to rehome him because he never stopped crowing. I found out later he was killed by a preditor.
    [​IMG]
    The black one is Tulie Rose. She was hatched this summer and was the full sister to Tulie. She was killed by a hawk a month ago at 4 months old.
    [​IMG]

6. bantiehen

Nov 22, 2011
    Montana
    love silkie x d'uccle crosses [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

super cute! I love my silkie X d'uccle crosses. they are too neat. I have 1 in the brooder with my pure silkies and 2 other little d'uccle mixes. [​IMG]

Silkie X d'uccle should all be smooth feathered, but if bred back to a silkie or to each other they will produce silkie feathered kids [​IMG]

8. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Just hatched 3 chicks from a Mille Fleur D'Uccle daddy and silkie mamas. I have 2 silkies and one hatched all 3. I would love to see more pics of grown ups of this mix. My babiies are all very light colored, 2 almost white and 1 is more tan.. my silkies are tan and gray, both sort of splashed.

9. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Quote:So the regular feather gene is dominant?

10. bantiehen

Nov 22, 2011
    Montana
    probably ? not sure [​IMG] anyway here's another chick that hatched last night.
    [​IMG][/img] Cinnamon Chip [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by