3 week old Buff Orpington (I know "she" is still young)...cockerel or pullet? Help!

cdecker

Hatching
Mar 14, 2015
I posted this photo on InstaGram (@justagirlandherpicnictable) and a few folks thought Fiona may be a "Frank." Thoughts? Thanks all!!

Welcome to BYC!!!! So glad you've joined us!
S/he looks younger then 3 weeks? How old was she when you got her?

Last edited:
I rounded up...she is 18 days. We got her on 3/1/2015 and they said the chicks were 4 days.

Ok. Yes, s/he is pretty young but based off of his/her stance and comb I'd say Fiona is Frank.
But I'd post more pics after a couple more weeks and we'd be able to figure it out easier.

Ok. Yes, s/he is pretty young but based off of his/her stance and comb I'd say Fiona is Frank.
But I'd post more pics after a couple more weeks and we'd be able to figure it out easier.

I'm leaning towards Frank for the same reasons. here is a link, for your guessing pleasure....http://www.fresheggsdaily.com/2012/06/cock-doodleroo-10-ways-to-sex-your.html I personally go by leg size, certain feather growth traits, stance and overt curiosity and friendliness. Buffs not being a hard feather breed (medium feather) it is more difficult than, for example an RIR. Would love an update in a few weeks!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom