3 Week Old Buttons... Color/Sexing Help **PICTURE HEAVY**

HCCMouse

Hatching
Sep 24, 2015
Ok, I know you can't really sex them too well yet, but I wanted to at least start getting colors worked out and start picking out who is staying here vs who I'm gonna sell. I also want to figure out what I have so I can figure out the genetics I have available. I ended up with a way better hatch rate than I expected for shipped eggs, over 80%, which is cool and all but now I have so many extras!

Their eyes are closed in a lot of these pics... they are totally fine, just not used to the bright light I was holding them under. They are also very dramatic and just want you to feel sorry for them.

1.My guess... Red Breasted Hen

2. My guess: Blue Faced/Double Blue Faced ?

3. My guess: Wild type?

4. My guess: Blue Faced/Double Blue Faced ?

5. My guess: Cinnamon Male? Seems to have a bit of a white bib.

6. My guess: Blue Faced or Darth Vader Male... he is the only one with rusty undersides so far.

7. My guess: White ?

8.My guess: Blue Faced/Double Blue Faced ?

9. My guess: Silver Tuxedo?

10. My guess: Cinnamon ?

11. My guess: Red Breasted hen?

12. My guess: Blue Faced/Double Blue Faced ?

13. Blue Faced Tuxedo? I love his little two toned beak. Not sure if it's a him but that's what I've called him since he was hatched lol. My one for sure keeper.

14. My guess: Blue Faced? Cinnamon Red Breasted?

15. Blue Faced/Double Blue Faced ?

16. Cinnamon Tuxedo?

Nice looking buttons! I can't be of much help though, I only have wild types. 3. does seem to be a little lighter in color than my wild types though, but it might just be the light. Other than that, as far as I can see, the colors you put on them could very well be correct. And yes, sexing this early is hard. I couldn't properly sex my wild types till they were 5 weeks. I didn't flip them over to look for red vent feathers though, I sexed by bib.

Back
Top Bottom