3 week old chick with prolapsed vent

ChickieMomma21

Chirping
Mar 24, 2021
Ohio USA
Hi everyone. I’ve got 3 chicks that are 3 weeks old. Two are doing great, but one has been struggling with pasty butt since pretty much day one. She gets almost daily baths to keep her clean. When I checked on them this morning I noticed she was struggling to poop and when I checked it out, her vent was swollen and poking out. I was able to clean it up and gently push it back in but now I’m worried. What can I do to get her system in good working order? Poor girl can’t be comfortable :(

Okay, you're welcome. Be sure to update us?
She does seem to be doing better today after the coconut oil. I saw her poop this morning and it did still prolapse and looks a little inflamed, but the prolapse went back in on its own and it didn’t look like she was struggling as much. Hopefully that’s a good sign!

She does seem to be doing better today after the coconut oil. I saw her poop this morning and it did still prolapse and looks a little inflamed, but the prolapse went back in on its own and it didn’t look like she was struggling as much. Hopefully that’s a good sign!
Just keep up with the coconut oil, her stool should soften up. Also extra water should help too.

Back
Top Bottom