3 week old mixed breed chicks, a potential hen and a roo? (pic heavy)

KristenRae

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 7, 2011
NE Wisconsin
Received four brown hatching eggs for free from a gal that didn't even know she had a Roo in the mix until just recently! Only two hatched (other two were yolkers), the yellow chick on the left hatched three days earlier than the gray colored fellow on the right even though they were set at the same time. We believe a Cornish X sired these two; Mom could have been a BCM, Buff Brahma, Buff Orpington, or an EE.
First, here is a photo of the two at several days old
95096_dsc01755.jpg

The 'firstborn' yellow chick has feathered out much faster, and I believe she is a "she", lol.
Here she is today, at 3 weeks old:
95096_dsc02145.jpg

95096_dsc02164.jpg

In this photo, she is on the right with one of my older White Rocks (who I believe is a Roo) on the left
95096_dsc02140.jpg

Now, I believe the gray colored fellow, is a fellow. Here are photos taken today... he has feathered out much more slowly than the other chick. He is in the brooder with a bunch of younger hatchery sexed pullets right now. Might I add he acts like they are HIS pullets, lol.
95096_dsc02167.jpg

95096_dsc02174.jpg

95096_dsc02171.jpg

What is the general consensus? Agree or disagree with my speculation about their sex? Any guesses on which breed they have been crossed with? Thanks for taking the time to look over the pics:)

Back
Top Bottom