3 week old Polish gasping for air please help!

Burntends

In the Brooder
Jul 7, 2020
This little guy has been lethargic (well he seemed a little sleepy/lazy but mostly just very calm) since we brought him home 3 weeks ago. Today we noticed he was gasping for air and couldn’t stand up on his own or hold his head up. There was a small air bubble under his skin on his chest.
I was looking up brooder pneumonia is it possible he contracted at the hatchery and it’s now becoming severe?View attachment B38A8BE9-EF60-44DC-A981-3BCEC7736747.gif

I'm so sorry to hear about your chick.

Do you have a picture of the air bubble? The small air bubble may be your chick's crop.

What has your chick been eating? What have you tried? Are there other chicks in your flock?

Do your best to keep your chick warm, and offer it crumbled egg yolk, crumble, water with vitamins, probiotics, and electrolytes.

I hope your chick makes it.

I'm so sorry to hear about your chick.

Do you have a picture of the air bubble? The small air bubble may be your chick's crop.

What has your chick been eating? What have you tried? Are there other chicks in your flock?

Do your best to keep your chick warm, and offer it crumbled egg yolk, crumble, water with vitamins, probiotics, and electrolytes.

I hope your chick makes it.

We’ve been feeding him chick starter crumble like everyone else. He’s a bantam and so are the other 5 in the brooder. Everything is as clean as we can possibly keep it. It’s hard to be 100% sure but I don’t think it’s air in the crop. I don’t know that it’s even related to his gasping :(

Last edited:
Hopefully someone knows something my heart is broken for this little one. I’ll be surprised if he makes it through the night :(

Back
Top Bottom