1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

3 Week old SLW and EE, advanced wing and tail feathering, any guesses?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MobyQuail, Sep 10, 2010.

1. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    3 Week old SLW and EE, advanced wing and tail feathering, any guesses? the SLW had more wing and tail feathers than the other 2 SLW so I kept it. The EE has always been the biggest with most feathering on tail and wings. got them from MPC and they are supposed to be female. thanks for the help!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    EE turned out roo, slw is a pretty little hen.

3. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Was gonna say I don't know then saw the date of OP.Sometimes all we can do is wait,like you did....

4. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Yes, those legs on the EE made my guess (as I saw the photo right now) a roo.

5. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    I will take some photos of them now, before and after, sorry for reviving an old topic, but it kept staring me in the face when I went to my profile page.
    I am guessing the thicker legs on the EE should have given him away and has been a trick I think back now to when looking at others. He is handsome now and she is a good girl. They are out leading the mongrel flock now at the farm.
    you could say, they started it all in motion.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by