3 week old SLWs

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by macmama, Jun 22, 2010.

1. macmama

macmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Gilbert AZ
    Yeah, me again. I'm a little impatient over here. [​IMG]

1. Roo (100%) Big pink bumpy comb and cute little pink wattles. [​IMG] Though just to keep me guessing, he is the most feathered out with the biggest tail.
    [​IMG]

2. Roo? Not as developed as his brother, but getting pink now-- also has the same silver coloring.
    [​IMG]

3. ? This one is throwing me-- I see pink on the edges of the comb, but not coming down from the top like the 1st two. Also he's feathering out like the suspected girls-- not like the silvery roos.
    [​IMG]

4. Pullet! I'm so glad, because she was my favorite since hatch.
    [​IMG]

5. Pullet? No color at all to the comb, but the smallest and least feathered-out.
    [​IMG]

And a pic to show the feather difference (coincidence, or does it imply gender?) The "boys" are very silvery (bottom, and top right), and the other 3 are feathering out black with tiny silver lines down the center of each feather.
    [​IMG]

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    The feather difference does imply gender. Like barred birds, the males will feather out with much more white on them, the females will be very dark when they get their feathers. Judging by the last pic, I'd say you have 3 girls and 2 boys [​IMG]

3. MikasGirl

MikasGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Coos Bay, OR
    Quote:I agree! They are going to be so beautiful!

4. macmama

macmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Gilbert AZ
    Even though #3 is so pink at the sides? That would be wonderful to get 3 girls out of the bunch--I'm just glad I have at least 2. Those boys are so pretty... hopefully someone on Craigslist will want some pretty SLW roosters for something other than dinner.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by