1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

3 week old W/C Polish Boy or Girl ?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ladychicken&Ducklover, Jun 30, 2011.

1. ladychicken&Ducklover

ladychicken&Ducklover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Champion, Michigan
    Hello Friends,

I would love to hear from anyone who could tell me if I have a little boy or girl?

The baby has been becoming a little aggressive , for example, lightly pecking or chasing the baby hens of the same age, if they would get out of line, steal food from other babys, etc.

He/she is very sweet , still, with me, however, the baby has been becoming a bit stand offish , and wont " step up" like in the past.

I thought I read here, somewhere, that the crest of a boy, comes in laying back, whereas the crest on a girl, "poofs up" then Down, and eventually covers her eyes.

So, any thoughts will be great !

Thanks

DD
    [​IMG]

2. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    That picture is so TINY i cannot see anything in it....
    a bigger close up of face, side view and tail feathers would be appreciated [​IMG]

What you have head can be true...and some guys have a parted mohawk....but it is not in all cases.....lol

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by