3 weekends GONE.. but LOOKIE LOOKIE!!

ItsAZOO32

Songster
9 Years
Mar 6, 2011
Titusville, Fl.
Ok so I will be putting together a page on constructing this beauty but here are some photos of the (almost) finished product

81805_rypainting.jpg

81805_side.jpg

81805_front.jpg

81805_inside.jpg

More to come soon
smile.png

OH.. and my name? Henchanted Hollow... going with the pixie theme..

Thanks everyone! We are REALLY proud! Still have more to do.. add some real roosts inside, a bit of caulking.. predator proof.. construct the run... get the fancy decorative painting and a sign my friend is making... PHEW.. but it's close.. really..
tongue.png

And you plan to have how many chickens ? Just wondering if you know how addictive these critters are. You are going to need a lot more of these coops before you know it. Trust me, I know from experience. Good luck, and have fun!

Quote:
HAHAHA... well, it's 5' x 5' and the run will be 10x10 or so... PLUS.. they get to free range. I cannot have more than 8-12 until we get a bigger property. My husband might leave me
wink.png

LOL...I love your "signature" ....."one husband I am pretty sure thinks I am crazy" My husband grew up in the city with NO animals (So sad) and I grew up in the country with a mini farm (horses, dogs, a goat, bunnies, cats, a turtle, guinea pigs, chickens...) We met in grad school and I had two cats...and then the fun began....a dog..a couple years later another dog....then our first child...our second child....our third child....then 1 bunny....then 2 bunnies.....then 3 bunnies.....then 4 bunnies....then 5 bunnies....several rats along the way (we currently have 3) our fourth child...then almost 2 years ago we inherited my mother's horse....5 weeks ago we got a variety of straight run chickens (we now have a pretty good idea who we can keep and who we have to rehome) and my 11 yr old just got a baby goat about 3 weeks ago who is now 3 months old. Talk about crazy....my husband KNOWS I am crazy...crazy about animals! Enjoy your critters and your beautiful new coop! Love the picture of your daughter painting the coop with one of the biggest smiles ever!!!!!

Quote:
LOL. Yes that sounds like me! I am a chemistry teacher and have always loved animals. Growing up we had a little of everything. When hubby and I met I had a dog and a cat. We've had rats, mice, fish and a rabbit but currently have the critters listed in the signature
smile.png

He wasn't really consulted about the chickens too much
wink.png
long story there but I got him to be ok with the promise we could eventually sell some eggs to pay feed bills
hide.gif

He did a great job with this coop! We used a lot of recycled wood but he constructed it basically with little help. I told him what I wanted and he delivered ... With some help from my brother in law and my self

I still have a bit of decorative flair to add to to coop outside and roosts inside. Then, there's the run.. Ehh it'll work out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom