3 weekers..

Wardahjnn

In the Brooder
Jun 14, 2020
Hi, we have 13 chicks presently ranging from 1-11 weeks they all get along great. We live in Fresno , CA. We have all those 6 weeks and over outside without a lamp in the coop. My concern is in 2 weeks we will be gone overnight for 1-2 days. i would like for them all to be outside by then. The youngest will be a little over 3 weekS. the low temps here at night are from 69- 75 and 100 during the day by then. will they be ok Without an extra heat source? I’ve read so many threads and it seems like they should be fine as long as they are mostly feathered out and can snuggle with their buddies. Thoughts? Thanks. Presently we bring them in at night in their little bin and outside by 9-10 AM as it’s high 80s already at that time.

At three weeks, chicks need no extra heat at temps around 70F. At night, their metabolism decreases, so they are a bit more vulnerable to low temps, but the nighttime range where you live will be no problem.

At three weeks, chicks need no extra heat at temps around 70F. At night, their metabolism decreases, so they are a bit more vulnerable to low temps, but the nighttime range where you live will be no problem.
Whew! :thumbsup
Thanks so much for your reply. There’s so much information out there and it’s hArd to pick and choose what’s best. Your info helped so much. :thumbsup Put my mind at ease.

Back
Top Bottom