1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

3 weeks & 3 days old today

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by 00 Turok, Mar 25, 2012.

1. 00 Turok

00 Turok Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2012
    Nacogdoches, Tx
    [​IMG]

Well here they are. If my I found my rescue chicks a day or 2 after hatching; they should be between 3 weeks & 2 days... or ...3 weeks & 3 days old now.

In any case they have imprinted on me & follow me around when I let them out of their mini cooper like I'm momma hen. On the right is Feathers & on the left is Aerial or Aero, depending on if it is a he or she, Idk yet. The one on the left likes to fly a lot; hence the names.

I never realized how smart chickens were. They know the sound of me shaking the food bowl; like I would do for my cats & dogs. If they wonder off I can shake the food bowl & they come running back. [​IMG] They even know where I keep the food too & try to get it when I let them out. Very observant little things.

Best part is I found a way to exercise my birdies. I would shake the food bowl & walk around with it making them chase it. [​IMG] I even made a video of the event, but I couldn't post it because it asked me for a URL. I don't have one so Idk how to post it.

They kind off look funny being all white with yellow heads. I broke ground this weekend for their coop & run. I should have it built in 3 or 4 days. [​IMG]

2. LaynaDon95

LaynaDon95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2012
    Texas
    Where did you find them?? o_O They sure are cute. :)

3. 00 Turok

Mar 10, 2012
    Nacogdoches, Tx
    On the side of the road driving home from work. I saw 4 yellow dots moving around as I passed by, but had no idea what they were. When I knelt down to look at them, these 2 in the pic, darted after me & tried to fly in my face like they were begging me to save them. I never raised chickens before & went into all this haphazardly, but I figured; right now they have no chance. If I try to raise them, they at least have some chance.

Idk what possessed me to turn around or how I even managed to notice them. Lucky birds [​IMG]

2 of the peeps died the next day after I found them. 1 had a hurt foot. Idk what was wrong with the other. But these 2 are happy & are enjoying a life of pecking my cats. [​IMG]

4. LaynaDon95

Jan 18, 2012
    Texas
    Aww. How sweet. :) Chickens are addicting, so watch out!

5. 00 Turok

Mar 10, 2012
    Nacogdoches, Tx
    Too late. [​IMG]

6. LaynaDon95

Jan 18, 2012
    Texas
    Lol same here.

7. 00 Turok

Mar 10, 2012
    Nacogdoches, Tx
    [​IMG]

Well... I saw some color on this 1's crown when I came home today & it got bigger too. I think Aerial/Aero is an... Aero. I'm guessing that because Feathers (below) looks way different & no color.

[​IMG]

Feathers is to the back.

8. myfivegirls

myfivegirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2009
    Delhi, NY
    They look very much like Cornish Rock cross chicks - especially since they're already that size and three weeks old.
    Not to spoil your "fun", but they're usually grown for meat = so they're grow to a massive size.
    Unless you start restricting their food intake now, they won't live very long.
    A few people have had them live for 6 months to 1 yr, but they usually die of a heart attack, due to their massive size.
    And yes, that one looks like a rooster, especially at only 3 weeks old!

Perhaps if you post their photos over in "What breed is this" section, more people could help.

9. 00 Turok

Mar 10, 2012
    Nacogdoches, Tx
    I started restricting their feed 1 week ago, because some other memebers speculated they might be cornish X when I described how fast they grew. I met a member here who kept her's alive for 4 years so I gonna try to follow her methods. I hope to extend their life span like she did.

10. Joe.G

Joe.G Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2011
    Eastern NY
    I met a lady today that has a Cornish Hen that just turned a Year old, It was a nice looking bird that looked healthy and it lays eggs. To me it looked like a normal chicken.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by