3 weeks old chicks :)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mysheezab, Sep 23, 2012.

1. mysheezab

mysheezab Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2012
    PA
    Hello! My first chickens are just about 3 weeks old and growing fast. They are very curious and currently living in the garage in the brooder I made from a rubber made container. I put a little roost in the brooder but ther will not use it. I put them on it but they would rather sleep on the floor. And every time I open the top, they all fly up and roost on the rim of the bin. Do they hate the roost I made? And when can I take the outside for supervised visits? They seem like they wanna break out. But I'm afraid they will eat bugs and are they too young for that? If I do take them outside should I feed them some chick grit? Thanks everyone!!!!! ;)

2. lareynadenada

lareynadenada Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2011
    Blackfoot Idaho
    They will get on the roost as they get older, if you take them out where they can get bugs there will be dirt there too right??? Think about what they would eat if they were outside with their mama

3. lareynadenada

lareynadenada Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2011
    Blackfoot Idaho
    and btw they are adorable!!!

4. Zippy007

Zippy007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2012
    hiya at 3 weeks i was letting my 2 chicks out for a hour a day in a mesh run with access to chick crumb and water i wouldnt worry about them eating the odd bug at that age mine ate meal worms from 3 weeks and had no problems they are now 10 weeks and growing fast now they are outside with my older hens and running the roost

5. mysheezab

mysheezab Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2012
    PA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by