3 Weeks to Go!! My Little Cochin boy will be here!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Bec, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Now the question I have is...I am only getting one standard Partridge Cochin roo. I have 7 girls and only want one rooster....will he be ok by himself? I would get another ( of course)but I absolutely do not have any more room for more that just him...Will he be ok in the brooder by himself? I know we are not chicks, but we wil be handling him a lot an spending a lot of time with him to help with him being friendly when he gets older. We did this with our girls and they are all my little luv buggies!!

The closer it gets, the more worried I am about him being alone...My house, including him, it maxed out. Keeping anymore in there would be unfair to them...I even thought about a banty, but my little kestral friend will just steel it from me... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    How old will he be when you get him? I always suggest a mirror and a snuggle toy (stuffed animal) when brooding lone chicks as they are flock animals and do get lonely. (and peep peep peep peep peep...you get the picture. ;-)

3. Bec

He will only be 2 or 3 days old...I just really wish I coud get just one more to keep him company, but It is already getting crowded in there and with him being such a large breed, I am affraid ay others wont be able to roost..... :0/

4. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Honestly, I'd probably pick up another chick, try not to get attached to it and then find a new home for the other after he's no longer a baby. Trust me...hehe

5. Bec

Quote:LOL Thats the problem!!! Looks like I better go out and take a lookie around in there and see how I can maybe make some more room....I don't know what I am going to do....But the thinking cap is on.... Man O Man...my DH is going to flip...lol

6. Bec

Any other suggestions or advice??

7. MNKris

MNKris Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2007
    I'd get another partridge cochin hen to go with him. Hey, what's one more? [​IMG]

8. Bec

I should have known that was coming [​IMG]
    What was I thinking..asking this to all of you??!!! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by