~3 weeks today! (MANY pics of my 6 little girls)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by fluffpuffgerbil, Feb 28, 2014.

1. fluffpuffgerbil

fluffpuffgerbil Chillin' With My Peeps

3 weeks ago today we drove through several inches of snow just to get to the feed store the morning they got their chicks in, and good thing we did, because they have been completely WIPED of their chicks ever since!

But no more snow now and today we have sun and warmth, so I took my girls out for some photos!

First up-- Pepper, my hopefully female Rhode Island Red(she and all the others were sold 95% guaranteed pullet...) She's my personal fave chick and she is very camera friendly
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now Lacey, my Silver Laced Wyandotte
    Lacey is one of my other favourites. She's really cuddly. She likes to fly out of the brooder and over to me at my computer chair and snuggle up on the back of my neck and nuzzle her beak into my hair

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    She's a goofball sometimes.

Next is Anna, my Buff Orpinton who was being a huge 'chicken' and a complete baby outside and she didn't want me to not hold her and just wanted to be snuggled up to my jacket
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not as many of our Ancona Alice. But she was being a huge butt and tried to run off and lost her walking around privileges for the time being.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ruby, gold laced Wyandotte. She's a little odd sometimes and has this weird fuzz on the back of her neck
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She does this a lot
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And she does this ALL THE TIME, sit all scrunched down with her wings sticking out.
    [​IMG]

And finally, Loki my black australorp... who has really dark eyes and goes: PEW PEW PEW like a little ray gun in a video game
    she's really chatty and sort of menacing looking. She just sits there all alone all puffed up looking like she's plotting the demise of others. Maybe we shouldn't have named her after the God(dess?) of Mischeif
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So there are my girls!
    On a side note, Wyandottes have ADORABLE faces and BOs, at least mine, has such a sweet voice. And right now Anna is perched on my knee and woww is she fluffy. She has a poof of a tail which is also really funny

BONUS PICTURE:
    [​IMG]
    This is my younger sister's rabbit named Fumble also called Bruce Banner/the Hulk(because he can be very sweet but also throw tantrums)

2. NextGeneration

NextGeneration Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2014
    the U.S.
    [​IMG]They are really cute!

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    These are the cutest chicks I have ever seen!!! [​IMG]

Good luck with your new babies!!

4. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    You have a nice mix of chicks. It is fun to watch them grow and I think they are just as cute as adults.

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwwwwwwwww [​IMG] They are all so adorable! Love'd all the pics. Thanks for the bonus shot as well! [​IMG]

6. fluffpuffgerbil

fluffpuffgerbil Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks~

I think they are all super cute, too, and each of them do definitely have their own personalities already and I've also been able to see who is friends with who. Lacey and Alice(the SLW and the ancona) are closer friends than the other ones. Pepper is also friends with them, so those three are sort of a group, where Loki and Anna just hang out with whoever wants to hang out with them, or with each other, and Ruby often will sleep next to either Anna or Lacey. I think chickens are really cute as adults, too, and I've had more experience holding and playing with adult chickens my friends have had, so while their chick stages are fun and neat to see, I am looking forward to them being all growed-up. =)

7. lularat

lularat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    NC
    Very cute chicks...I love how they look at this stage. Their feet look too big for their bodies and those cute nobby tails. Sooo cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by