3 wk old Banty chicks (15 of them)

janc

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 8, 2008
They are currently in a brooder in our little guest house. I turned the air conditioner on fan today because it has turned miserabley hot. The temp in their brooder is running around 85- 88. Their Banty house is ready for them but there is a window on only one side (north) and 2 holes up high where air can get in. They're little yard is fenced in and I will put the netting up tomorrow. I'm not sure if I should put them out there or keep them inside. Does anyone have any ideas? They would be able to be outside from 6 in the morning till 7 at night. What do you think? The whole area is shaded. Their yard backs up to a double banty house that currently has 18 6 wk. old guineas. Today was the first day that they've been brave enought to go outside. Thank GOd! One died yesterday and I have no idea why. So what do you think about the Banties" Thanks for all replies.

If you got a safe place to put them that can stay reasonably cool/warm, go ahead and put them out.
big_smile.png

My 3 week old banties have been outside almost everyday for a week. They are fenced into my butterfly garden where there is sun, shade, and lots o' bugs. Then they go into a seperate part of the coop at night where they are protected from the 2 bigger chickens. So far they have been fine. It really depends on the weather where you live. Iowa has been basically a giant brooder box for the last several weeks.

Back
Top Bottom