<3 Worst study-buddies ever! <3

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by joneus, Nov 9, 2011.

1. joneus

joneus Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    Ballston Spa
    I have a huge test to study for. Today was far too nice to sit in the house with my nose in a book, so I grabbed a blanket and headed outside to sit under the tree. In the span of 2 hours, I think I studied and colored 4 muscles because every time I got into a groove a chicken magically appeared on my book. They'd happily stand there staring and chirping, start picking through my colored pencil box, and trying to sample my cup of tea.

I came prepared with a pocketful of grapes and a crumbled up string cheese stick. A quick flick of the wrist toward the bushes and the flock would disappear for about 10 minutes, only to come back and start the process over again. [​IMG]

I SO wish I'd gotten pictures. I didn't get much done, but they were too cute!

2. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    You gotta love the girls for a great distraction. [​IMG] Mine will do the same if i go outside to read.

3. joneus

joneus Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    Ballston Spa
    Finally getting some pics, LOL!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    "You dont really buy this, do you Mom?"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    "Study break?"

[​IMG]
    "You need more purple!"

[​IMG]
    "Or blue... How about blue?"

[​IMG]
    "One lump or two?"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  4. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    [​IMG] I love it thanks for sharing!

5. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Reminds me of my budgies [​IMG]

6. abbey808

abbey808 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Hawaii
    Whenever I go outside to read, I always end up with chickens in my lap. [​IMG] It's so cute when they shove their heads under my book to get my attention. I don't get much reading done since it inevitably turns into a cuddle session. [​IMG]

7. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    So cute, they are trying to figure out what is so good about this stuff? It is not edible and not soft enough for a nest.

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair &amp; Feathers

Adorable photo shoot!
    [​IMG]

9. <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Jacksonville N.C
    I had an book project due recently, I wanted to be with the chickens and outside, so I went out to read... bad idea [​IMG] I would get about 1/2 an page, and then they would do something intersting. [​IMG] [​IMG] ... like start singing because they found a bug, or take an cute dust bath, or come up and try to read my book [​IMG] . They are so cute. [​IMG] [​IMG] Love your story, and chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by