3 year old female gooese not walking

Tiago Leonardo

In the Brooder
Feb 14, 2021
I have a 3 year old female which does not walk for almost 2 months. She was getting slower and slower and sudendly stopped walking.
In the begining I took her to the vet and injuries were detected. I then started feeding her some vitamin supplements advised by the vet.
After 2 weeks with not improvement I read a bit more and figured out niacin defficiency should be the problem (the supplement had no niacin).
I have been feeding her 200 mg of niacin daily since then and noticed some improvement, but she is not yet walking properly, although standing.
She was always eating and drinking. Will she ever recover? Would it be advisable to inject niacin?

Thank you @Miss Lydia !
I have got B complex, but found out that it was actualy missing the B3!!! That is why I decided to give her specifically B3.
Have you had this problem in adult geese? She is an adult german embden.
I took me more that 2 weeks to diagnose the issue. Do you tink she still can improve?
Thanks!!!

I’d sure give it everything I’ve got before giving up. You said she has injuries what kind. And some of the liquid doesn’t have B3 which we be need to be sure to check before we buy. I’ve heard others say theirs didn’t have B3 which make no sense Durvet is the one TSC has I am going to make sure cit has B3

Back
Top Bottom