3 year old sapphire gem watery diarrhea and lethargic

I would give the Tylan50 at 0.25ml per pound of weight given orally 3 times a day for 5 days in a row.

Panacur dose is 0.25ml per pound of weight given orally once a day for 5 days in a row.

It won't hurt to use the Corid, but if the fecal float didn't show anything, then not sure if you should dose her or not.

Keep her eating/drinking. Hard to know if it's disease like LL. Reproductive issues can be common in laying hens, but if you do lose her, a necropsy would give the best info.
Thank you so much.
Yes, give the Tylan orally. Don’t use the tetracycline when using Tylan.
She had tetracycline this morning. Should I wait until tomorrow morning to start the Tylan?

I brought her outside and she’s sleeping in the sun near (not inside) our other girls run. I figured vitamin d and fresh air can’t hurt. She is eating and drinking, just lethargic and still having bouts of white and green diarrhea, but not as explosive as a week ago.

Thank you for helping me. This community is so caring.

Attachments

• 6981B207-34F1-47F5-96A4-D0311A999096.jpeg
    6981B207-34F1-47F5-96A4-D0311A999096.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • 96910E8E-7510-4F69-BD0E-A1E2B990D2AE.jpeg
    96910E8E-7510-4F69-BD0E-A1E2B990D2AE.jpeg
    479.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 8C4C3EEB-0F90-4DBB-BBEC-740BCC49201A.jpeg
    8C4C3EEB-0F90-4DBB-BBEC-740BCC49201A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • F424B854-DAB8-4FF5-A177-A240573E7923.jpeg
    F424B854-DAB8-4FF5-A177-A240573E7923.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
So
I would give the Tylan50 at 0.25ml per pound of weight given orally 3 times a day for 5 days in a row.

Panacur dose is 0.25ml per pound of weight given orally once a day for 5 days in a row.

It won't hurt to use the Corid, but if the fecal float didn't show anything, then not sure if you should dose her or not.

Keep her eating/drinking. Hard to know if it's disease like LL. Reproductive issues can be common in laying hens, but if you do lose her, a necropsy would give the best info.
For some reason I thought injection was better than orally but you learn something new every day. I hope she swallows it ok, it can’t taste good. The powder form is only available by prescription and my vet doesn’t seem to want to try anything else.

Bumping this thread for any advice.

My girl hasn’t improved. Still lethargic and diarrhea, has good days and bad days. My vet won’t do anything else as she believes it to be avian leukosis without any diagnosis of tumors.

I started Nutri drench yesterday to see if that would give her a boost and I am giving her vitamin B supplements. Her crop is emptying and feels normal. I massage it several times a day when I’m picking her up.

She is also standing on one leg most of the time. We had a fox attack two years ago and she was in the foxes mouth and she was limping after that but with low dose aspirin for a few days she improved. I noticed after that she occasionally limped but for the most part seemed ok.

Should I have her euthanized?

Attachments

• 3202D3C5-F526-4EC1-9B5D-3E1F2790F49D.jpeg
    3202D3C5-F526-4EC1-9B5D-3E1F2790F49D.jpeg
    479.8 KB · Views: 3
I'm sorry that she's not improving:(

I think you are doing what you can for her.

Only you can determine if she's had enough and it's time to let her go. If you do, then getting a necropsy through your state lab will give you some answers. https://www.metzerfarms.com/poultry-labs.html
The meds I ordered two weeks ago will finally be here tomorrow, I’m unsure of which medication to try as a last ditch effort.
I have Baytril and Amtyx (amoxicillin/tylosin) coming. She doesn’t have any respiratory symptoms, just lethargic and diarrhea.

The meds I ordered two weeks ago will finally be here tomorrow, I’m unsure of which medication to try as a last ditch effort.
I have Baytril and Amtyx (amoxicillin/tylosin) coming. She doesn’t have any respiratory symptoms, just lethargic and diarrhea.
Last ditch, I would use the Baytril.

Back
Top Bottom