30 days of Christmas 2021!!!!

What have you done in preparation for Christmas So Far!

• Total voters
Pics
Now you're asking a lot of an old man's memory. :lau Understand that back in the dark ages (1965) I was making a base salary of $4,800/year and bought my 11+ acres and 5 year old ranch home for $21,500. Things have surely changed since then.
Man, that sure sounds like my home, now in 1965 I was 8 years old, Daddy had bought the brick ranch house we lived in 5 years earlier for $12,000. I don't know how much money he made, but we had a decked out Christmas tree and Daddy put colored lights on the outside of the house.
We just thought it was the greatest thing. My Aunt had a small toy store and all the Aunts worked it and got paid in toys. (I think that's why she went out of business) :lau
Those were some great times.
Now I put out the Baby Jesus, (purchased from an old church Kresh) and a Rosemary tree decorated with small ornaments. The wrapped packages and call it a day.
It's kinda sad when I look at it like this.

Tinsel - lots of tinsel and chains of colored paper rings, and popcorn/cranberry garlands, and colored light bulbs - memories for sure. The smell of coffee and bacon cooking early Christmas morning ----------

All that tinsel... and then the cat eats some of it and walks around with a piece hanging out of her behind that your mom has to pull out. 😳

Last edited:
Oh, I remember well, watching the Christmas specials at night while stringing popcorn and cranberry garland. I still remember the order, 3 popcorns and 1 cranberry and repeat.
I still love it's a Wonderful Life and will watch it at least a few times every Christmas season (as well as A Christmas Story)
I used to cry as a kid for the toys on the island of misfit toys that no one wanted.

Attachments

• IMG_20211128_184504295.jpg
    IMG_20211128_184504295.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom