1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

30 Seconds of your time can help support my flock!!! Please read.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Marbleheader, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Marbleheader

Marbleheader Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2009
    Marblehead, MA
    I started a blog for my flock: www.marbleheadhens.blogspot.com
    It's got a live webcam into my coop, a slide show of my chicks, and some of my ramblings. I plan on updating it frequently.

***** If people here check out my blog and click on some of the google ads, I'll make a few bucks -- hopefully enough money to pay for the feed for my chicks. SO, I'd appreciate it if people would check out the blog, click on the ads, forward this to their friends and family, and post here to bump this thread. It will only take a few seconds of your time (literally), but it would make a world of difference to me and my family (and the pullets). If you like the blog, you could follow it or add the feed to your rss reader (right hand column).

I'm new to this wonderful community, so I hope this isn't asking too much.

Thank you very much!

Joe

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    I'll read your blog. Not sure about the ads part. I like blogs so you might see comments from "Amri" (me) occasionally.

3. tony30536

tony30536 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    Ellijay Ga.
    me and my mouse clicked for corn , good luck hope your birds get fat

4. mylittlezoo

mylittlezoo Poppy Creek Farm

Mar 16, 2009
    GA
    That coop-cam is cool as anything. How did you do that? I want one!

5. mediazeal

mediazeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    I'm pretty sure that google frowns on asking people to click on their ads to generate revenue, no matter how good the cause (we all think paying for feed is a good cause)
    By asking folks to do this, you jeopardize your google adsense account.
    Good luck with the blog.
    PS, you can become an affiliate for lots of chicken related things and perhaps add some of those to your site for income as well.

6. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Yeah, if they see a whole bunch of people coming from one site hitting your ads, they'll be on you for click-fraud in an instant -- remember, if they even think you're defrauding them, they don't pay you.

7. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Yeah, if they see a whole bunch of people coming from one site hitting your ads, they'll be on you for click-fraud in an instant -- remember, if they even think you're defrauding them, they don't pay you.

8. Marbleheader

Oct 18, 2009
    Marblehead, MA
    Quote:How do you do this?

9. Marbleheader

Oct 18, 2009
    Marblehead, MA
    Thanks for all of the advice regarding adsense. I had no idea that there was a lot of press regarding fraud but of course that makes total sense. I guess I will have to get by on content (and my good looks). [​IMG]

10. mediazeal

mediazeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Quote:How do you do this?

Find products you like and would recommend. Sign up with them to be an affiliate.
    I'm an affiliate for a chicken ark. There are all sorts of things people sell for chickens, some have affiliate programs. As do gardening places and other related kinds of things. YOu can sign up to be an amazon affiliate and post books you would recommend with a link to amazon to buy them, you get a small % for those sales. etc etc.
    Good for you that you found adsense. It is a good program but not going to make you rich and they are pretty strict. I totally panic when I click on one of my own ads by mistake because I know they will take away accounts if they think folks do that.
    For Adsense, good content is what makes it work. You are off to a great start.
    Chicken web cam is not working for me
    Maybe some instructions on what I need to download to be able to see it, etc.

good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by