30+ serama hatching eggs mostly A's and B's

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mbrobbins, Dec 2, 2010.

1. mbrobbins

mbrobbins Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Powder Springs, ga
    you get a variety of colors, seramas considered the smallest chicken in the world. THey are very friendly and broody , too. I make no guarantee on your eggs hatching. The outcome depends on
    how the postal svc handles them and your hatching methods. One byc'r hatched 17 chicks out of a batch that I sent. I send priority with confirmation , and bubble wrap.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    ne byc'r hatched 17 chicks

[​IMG] That would be me! [​IMG] I'm tempted to get these too, but I'm not yet sure where I'm going to put the babies I have! They are teeny tiny, only twice as big as a day-old marans chick at almost 5 weeks old! I let a friend have 4 of them and lost 2, but I've still got 11 babies left. 4 little cockerels and 7 little pullets, not a bad ratio!

This pic is of a 5 week old button quail next to one of the chicks at 3 weeks old.
    [​IMG]

And these babies are 3 weeks old, a full week older than the silkie standing over them [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I might get these yet, I'll have to think about it. I'm reeeealllly tempted! [​IMG]

3. mbrobbins

mbrobbins Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Powder Springs, ga
    thank you Shelley for the cute pics of the chicks
    I'm so glad you have a good start for a flock. they are like potato chips , a handful is not enough. anyway they are space savers compared to large fowl, I can keep 3 times as many seramas compared to large fowl in the same size coop. That way, I can keep a good variety of colors, because it takes a lot of them.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by