1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

32 chickens - 4 cockerels = 30 chickens!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ZooMummzy, May 17, 2009.

1. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    [​IMG] So, I found a home for all 4 of my confirmed cockerels today (I love Craigslist, less than 2 days to rehome them on farms with flocks of their own!) and ended up with two 12 week old Light Brahmas from the person who took my EE cockerel.

It's ok though, my new coop is 1 week away from being finished and it will fit 30 chickens easily especially since 1/2 of them are bantams. Not telling hubby though, just in case. They look pretty close to my SLW's so I'll just let him think he's seeing double in the run [​IMG]

I am just thrilled to have these beautiful girls. They are so sweet and docile not to mention pretty! I am quickly becoming a fan of feathered footed chickens. I have silkies, cochins and now these.

How do they do in wetter climates? Is it a problem for their feet feathers?

Meet Trinity and Sydney

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  2. vickie2133

vickie2133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Corbin
    They are very pretty, I have some of my own and really enjoy seeing them in the yard.

3. cochinbantam-lover

cochinbantam-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Very pretty chicks! [​IMG]

4. NotTheMomma

NotTheMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Lovely gals!

What's in your chick's water? Reminds me of Koolaid.. haahhah!

5. LilbitChicken

LilbitChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Beautiful girls![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by